Piteau Associates offers services relating to the identification, development, and management of groundwater resources to clients including large municipalities, first nations, residential developers, and industry. These studies often focus on assessing and maintaining aquifer performance and sustainability in terms of ability to meet present and projected future demands for groundwater extraction, effects on other groundwater users and the environment (e.g., riparian areas and surface water), groundwater quality, susceptibility to contamination, and protection.
Many of these projects include:
- Regional assessments to characterize aquifer conditions in an area of interest and the potential for development of groundwater supply sufficient to meet our clients’ requirements;
- Designing and implementing reconnaissance level surveys using geologic mapping, remote sensing, geophysics, or other methods, and detailed investigations involving test drilling and aquifer pump testing to characterize aquifer hydraulics;
- Numerical groundwater flow modeling;
- Assessing water quality in terms of present and likely future trends;
- Assessing susceptibility for groundwater to contain pathogens from surface water (e.g., Groundwater Under the Direct Influence of surface water, or GUDI); and
- Assessing groundwater pollution hazards, assessing risk, and developing risk management strategies, such as groundwater monitoring, in support of aquifer protection plans.
Click on photo to explore album